The project wizard help you to start the programming of your game. You can start with a built-in template or you can select any of the Phaser examples or Phaser Coding Tips. So you can test the example but also you can modify it and test your modifications. This is a good resource to learn Phaser.
Phaser Source File Wizard
There are also wizards to create common source files like custom states, sprites and groups.
Built-in HTTP Server
Test your game is very easy, with a click you can open your game in the default browser and host it in a built-in HTTP server (Jetty).
- Code completion of the Phaser API.
- Code completion of the easing literals (like
- Code completion of the asset keys defined in an asset pack (JSON) file.
- Code completion of the file names (images, sounds, etc..)
- Phaser code snippets (the same of the official Phaser sandbox)
- Hover extension to show the Phaser documentation of the pointed class, method or property.
- Hover extension to preview the pointed asset key (sprite-sheets, atlas, ...) and media file (images, sounds).
Visual Game Level Editor
The Scene Editor is a great tool to create and layout Phaser objects in a scene. It supports:
- Sprites, buttons, tiles sprites and groups.
- Texture atlas, spritesheets and images.
- Sprite animations.
- Objects alignment and order.
- Properties editing and help tooltips (based on Phaser API).
- Common editing operations like move, cut-copy-paste, undo-redo, zoom, pan.
- Arcade physics support (body editor).
- Error recovery from missing assets.
- Phaser code generator.
It compiles the scenes into a readable Phaser code that you can add to the game as a
Phaser.Group, even you can reuse it outside Phaser Editor since it is a beatiful plain Phaser code.
Integrated Phaser Chains
Phaser Chains is a great new way to search and discover the Phaser documentation. We improved and integrated it into Phaser Editor.
Asset Pack Editor and Explorer
Texture Atlas Editor
Packing your game images in a texture atlas improves the loading and performance of your game. In Phaser Editor we provide an atlas editor to make the job more easy. It uses as the well known Lib GDX Texture Packer tool.
With a click you can optimize the PNG images of a file, folder or project. This tool uses the OptiPNG program.
Audio Sprites Editor
An editor to create and modify audio sprites. It is based on FFMpeg. The files are transcoded automatically to OGG, MP3 and WAV. This is an experimental feature.
A client tool to connect to the huge Eclipse Marketplace and install third party plugins.
All the components of the editor can be updated automatically. Including the latest Phaser version.